To put it frankly, breakups suck. They leave us feeling sad, hopeless, and frustrated. But as awful as they may be, some breakups don’t last forever. If you’re getting mixed signals from them—”Why is he constantly blowing up my phone?”—see if any of these six signs fit your situation. They may want a second chance.
1. Your ex contacts you for lame reasons. People who break up—and want that breakup to remain intact—usually don’t contact their exes (unless they need their security deposit back). But when an ex does contact you, it’s likely they are attempting to reopen the lines of communication. This is particularly true if the reasons they are contacting you are particularly random and pointless, like asking for your mom’s cherry pie recipe
. 2. Your ex asks about you. Asking about you repeatedly hints that there are still feelings there. Thus, if your ex goes out of their way to see how you are—hitting up your friends, relatives, or even you—they might regret calling it quits.
3. Your ex runs into you. Exes are going to run into each other, especially if they live in the same neighborhood or share the same social circle. But if you run into them everywhere—the grocery store, bikram yoga, or right by your office—they may be going out of their way just to bump into you “accidentally.”
4. Your ex behaves like they did when you first met. Most relationships have a honeymoon phase—the beginning when everything feels so romantic and you go out of your way to do nice things for each other. Reverting back to this behavior may be a sign he’s still not over you.
5. Your ex makes a point to change. There is a reason your relationship ended—whether it was mutual or someone’s “fault” (like cheating). You may notice that they begin improving their flaws to fix whatever broke you two up. This totally depends on the relationship, but people rarely change for themselves. Usually they do it for someone special.
6. Your ex tells you. Then there’s the direct approach: If your ex wants you back, they will tell you.