By the time you’re ready to start wedding dress shopping, you’ve probably amassed a pretty nice-sized wish list about your dream gown. And while you may think that you have plenty of time to try on dresses, if you can narrow down your options before stepping foot in the dressing room, you’re in for a much more pleasant, laid-back shopping experience.
One easy way to limit your options is to choose a silhouette that will highlight your best-loved assets and conceal your less-favourable traits. To start, figure out which of our five featured body types best defines your figure: Petite, plus size, busty, hourglass or lean and straight. And remember, you may not fit squarely into one category — most people don’t! This is the first of the 5 series.
Along with finding the right gown for your body type, do your make-up and hair.
It will be much easier to imagine wearing one of these gowns on your wedding day if you don’t look like you just rolled out of bed.
The Perfect Wedding Dress for Petite Bride
Petite brides should avoid overwhelming their small frame. Choose airy sheaths and structured trumpet styles over big, frothy ball gowns.
1. For petite brides, simple reigns supreme, and this chic silk crepe number is minimalism at its best.
2. The substantial straps on this plunging V-neckline gown draw the eye upward elongating your frame.
3. A dropped-waist or mermaid silhouette isn’t off limits. Just opt for slim, more structured skirts over wide, poofy ones.
4. An empire waistline is a great style for petite figures. It creates the illusion of long legs.
5. A sheath’s continuous line creates the illusion of height. Plus, it’s super easy to hem!
See some lovely wedding dresses that are perfect for a petite bride below!